- 1998 University of Georgia, Bachelor of Science, Geology, egregia cum laude
- 2000 University of Southern California, Master of Science, Geological Sciences
- 2005 University of Southern California, Doctor of Philosophy, Geological Sciences
- 2013 Adjunct Curator, Department of Geology, Milwaukee Public Museum.
- 2012 Associate Professor, Dept. of Geosciences, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
- 2006 Assistant Professor, Dept. of Geosciences, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
- 2005 Adjunct Asst. Professor,Dept. of Geosciences, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
- 2000 College Graduate Merit Fellow, Dept. of Earth Sci., U. of Southern California.
- 1998 Teaching Assistant, Dept. of Earth Sciences, University of Southern California.
Selected Awards and Honors
- 2015 Paleontological Society Education & Outreach Coordinator (elected).
- 2013 Paleontological Society Councilor at Large under 40 (elected, to 2015).
- 2013 Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies affiliated faculty member (appointed, to 2015).
- 2011 Graduate School Research Award, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
- 2010 UWM Alumni Association Award for Teaching Excellence.
- 2010 UWM Distinguished Undergraduate Teaching Award Finalist.
Selected Representative Publications (‡indicates student author)
- Dineen, A. A.‡, Fraiser, M.L., and Sheehan, P., 2014, Recovery vs. Restructuring: Establishing Ecologic Patterns in Early and Middle Triassic Paleocommunities: Earth-Science Reviews, v. 136, p. 339-349.
- Marenco, P.J., Griffin, J.M.‡, Fraiser, M.L., Clapham, M.E., 2012, Paleoecology and geochemistry of Lower Triassic (Spathian) microbial mounds from Lost Cabin Spring, Nevada: implications for marine environmental conditions in the aftermath of the End Permian mass extinction: Geology, v. 40, p. 714-718.
- Algeo, T., Chen, Z.Q., Fraiser, M.L., Twitchett, R.J., 2011, Terrestrial-marine teleconnections in the collapse and rebuilding of Early Triassic marine ecosystems: Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, v. 308, 1-11.
- Isbell, J.L., Fraiser, M. L., and Henry, L.C. ‡, 2008, Examining the Complexity of Environmental Change during the late Paleozoic and early Mesozoic–SPOTLIGHT: PALAIOS 23, 267-269.
- Bottjer, D.J., Clapham, M.E., Fraiser, M.L., and Powers, C.M., 2008, Understanding mechanisms for the end-Permian mass extinction and the protracted Early Triassic aftermath/recovery: GSA Today 18, 4-10.
Selected Synergistic Activities
- 2016 Lead Guest Editor, Fraiser, M.L., Marenco, P., and Clapham, M. (Ed.) Studies in Paleoecology in honor of David J. Bottjer. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology. In progress.
- 2015 Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies (CLACS) Advisory Committee.
- 2015 Undergraduate faculty advisor, Department of Geosciences, UW-Milwaukee.
- 2015 Leader for the Preparing for an Academic Career in the Geosciences workshop, part of the On The Cutting Edge development program for Geoscience faculty.
- 2012 Associate Editor for the journal PALAIOS (to present).
- 2011 Consulting editor in invertebrate paleontology for the McGraw-Hill Yearbook of Science & Technology (to present).
- 2012, 2011, 2009 Guest editor of special peer-reviewed journal volumes: “New developments in Permian-Triassic paleoceanography” for Global and Planetary Change; “Permian/Triassic Boundary Crisis and Early Triassic Biotic Recovery” for Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology; “Modern and Ancient Biotic Response to Global Environmental Change: Implications for the Future of Life on Earth” for Global and Planetary Change.
- 2011 Participated in Deep Time Earth-Life Observatory Network (DETELON) Community Workshop to write a science plan for presentation to the National Science Foundation.
- 2008-2012 Co-leader of an international team of an IGCP (International Geoscience Programme) Project “Restoration of marine ecosystems following the Permian-Triassic mass extinction: Lessons for the present”.